Searching on the web can be considered as a process of user enters the query and search system returns a set of most relevant pages in response to user’s query. But results returned are not mostly relevant to user’s query and ranking of the pages are not efficient according to user requirement. In order to improve the precision of ranking of the web pages, after analyzing the different algorithms like Page Rank, Weighted Page Rank, Page Rank based on VOL, Weighted Page Rank algorithm based on VOL. In this paper, we are proposing enhancement by including “User Activities Time” and “Page Reading Time” in Weighted Page Rank based on VOL algorithm (WPRVOL). Page Reading Time (PRT) is the total time page remains focused in browser tab. User Activities Time (UAT) is the total time user does activities like Key Press, Mouse Click, Touch the Screen and Scrolling the page etc. WPRVOL Algorithm signifies the importance of a web page for a user and thus helps in increasing the accuracy of web page ranking. Our proposed Extended Weighted Page Rank based on Visit of links (EWPRvolT) algorithm is a page ranking mechanism, which considers user browsing behavior / user using trends into account. Other algorithms discussed in literature are either link or content oriented. WPRVOL has already being devised for search engines, which works very much similar to weighted page rank algorithm and takes number of visits of inbound links of web pages into account. Also we are making one more improvement in our algorithm (EWPRvolT) by storing the no of visits on links, PRT and UAT information directly on Search Engine database server instead of storing it on client’s web server in the form of logs which was suggested in earlier literature. The proposed improvement in algorithm finds more relevant information according to user’s query. So, this concept is very useful to display most important and useful pages on the top of the result list on the basis of user usage trends, which reduce the search space to a large scale for user.
Swami Sarvanand institute of engineering & technology (SSIET), Dinanagar, Punjab,
Isha Mahajan Sachin Gupta Ms. Harjinder Kaur Dr. Darshan Kumar
-  Neelam Tyagi and Simple Sharma, “Weighted Page Rank Algorithm Based on Number of Visits of Links of Web Page”, International Journal of Soft Computing and Engineering (IJSCE), ISSN: 2231-2307, vol. 2, issue 3, pp. 441–446, July 2012.
-  S. Brin, and Page L., “The Anatomy of a Large Scale Hypertextual Web Search Engine”, Computer Network and ISDN Systems, vol. 30, issue 1-7, pp. 107-117, 1998.
-  Wenpu Xing and Ali Ghorbani, “Weighted PageRank Algorithm”, Proceedings of the Second Annual Conference on Communication Networks and Services Research (CNSR ’04), IEEE, 2004.
-  Gyanendra Kumar, Neelam Duahn, and Sharma A. K., “Page Ranking Based on Number of Visits of Web Pages”, International Conference on Computer & Communication Technology (ICCCT)-2011, 978-1-4577-1385-9.
-  Tamanna Bhatia,” Link Analysis Algorithms For Web Mining “, International Journal of Computer Science and Technology ( IJCST), ISSN : 0976-8491, vol. 2, issue 2, pp. 243-246, June 2011
-  Shweta Agarwal and Bharat Bhushan Agarwal, “An Improvement on Page Ranking Based on Visits of Links”, International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR), ISSN: 2319-7064, vol. 2, issue 6, pp. 265-268, June 2013.
-  Sachin Gupta, Sashi Tarun and Pankaj Sharma, “Controlling access of Bots and Spamming Bots”, International Journal of Computer and Electronics Research (IJCER), ISSN: 2278-5795, vol. 3,issue 2, pp. 87-92, April 2014.
-  Sonal Tuteja, “Enhancement in Weighted PageRank Algorithm Using VOL”, IOSR Journal of Computer Engineering (IOSR-JCE), ISSN: 2278-0661, vol. 2, issue 6, pp. 135-141, Sept-Oct 2013.
-  Rekha Jain and Dr. G. N. Purohit, “Page Ranking Algorithms for Web Mining”, International Journal of Computer applications, ISSN: 0975 – 8887, vol. 13, no. 5, pp. 22-25, Jan 2011.
-  Sachin Gupta and Pallvi Mahajan, “Improvement in Weighted Page Rank based on Visits of Links (VOL) algorithm”, International Journal of Computer & Communication Engineering Research (IJCCER), ISSN: 2321-4198, vol. 2, issue 3, pp. 119-124, May 2014.
-  Sachin Gupta and Shashi Tarun, “Extended Architecture of Web Crawler”, International Journal of Computer and Electronics Research (IJCER), ISSN: 2278-5795, vol. 3, issue 3, pp. 147-169, June 2014.
-  Anushree Gambhir and Arushi Goyal, “Weighted Page Rank Algorithm Based on Number of Visits of Links of Web Pages in Time Duration”, International Journal of Enhanced Research in Science Technology & Engineering, ISSN: 2319-7463, vol. 3, issue 7, pp. 387-391, July 2014