Electricity that is generated from coal, natural gas and fossil fuel has an impact on human health and also causes global warming. The integration of renewable energy sources with the grid is a good solution to these problems. This approach is known as smart grid. Sources of renewable energy such as wind or PV are not able to provide a continuous supply of energy to the load due to periodic or seasonal variations. Connecting these renewable sources to the grid can help in overcoming these problems as the grid will ensure continuous supply of power to the load. The smart grid can help in reducing the impacts on human health and effects on environment and can also help in increasing efficiency, reliability and security of the grid. Simulations were carried out on Matlab software and their results shows that the use of solar system with the grid helps in reduction of the electricity charges.
Muhammad Naeem Arbab,
Maryam Shahjehan Waleed Shahjehan Muhammad Naeem Arbab
-  Sun, W., and T. Egbelakin. Adoption of Solar Grid-Tied PV-System Adopted in a Residential Building. 80-88.
-  Lee, Hyung-Joo, et al. Renewable integration algorithm to compensate PV power using battery energy storage system. Energy (IYCE), 2017 6th International Youth Conference on. IEEE, 2017.
-  sad Basha, Laith. Analysis and evaluation tools development of photovoltaic modules and system performance under Jordanian and German climatic conditions. CU Theses (2012).
-  Guide To Interpreting I-V Curve Measurement of PV Array, The Solmetric ,http://www.solmetric.com, March, 2011.
-  S. B. Christiana Honsberg, pvcdreom, Jan 2012. [Online]. Available: http://pveducation.org/pvcdrom
-  Solar facts and advice, Alchemie Limited Inc, Feb 2012. [Online]. Available: http://www.solar-facts-and-advice.com
-  Planning and installing photovoltaic systems, A guide for installers, architects and engineers, Deutsche Gesellschaft für sonnenenergie (DGS LV Berlin BRB). , 2008, www.earthscan.co.uk