Design and Simulation of Low Cost Pure Sin Wave Inverter Through Multivibrator Technique by Using Multisim
Vol. 4, Issue 10, PP. 166-171, October 2017
PWM, Inverter, 555 timer, 4017 Decade counter, Harmonics, Filter
Pure sine wave transformers are very important nowadays when it comes to using ds power sources for both low and high-power applications. These inverters not only increase the efficiency of the power system but also prevent electrical components from damaging. Much work has been done in the field of pure sine wave inverter but for a waveform with low number of harmonics along with high efficiency is still an open challenge. There are techniques available to do this, but the need to adapt to a solution that is easy to implement as well as specifically for low energy applications. In this paper, a multi-vibration technique is used to generate a square wave which is then split into two square waves of the same frequency by the 4017-decade counter to hold the H-bridge inverter. The output of the H-bridge inverter contains harmonics that are filtered using a low pass filter. Thus, we get a pure sin wave in the output.
- Engr Shaiq Ali, University of Engineering and Technology, Peshawar, Pakistan, Email: email@example.com
- Engr Muhammad Iftikhar, University of Engineering and Technology, Peshawar, Pakistan, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Engr Shaiq Ali Engr Muhammad Iftikhar
-  Nishit Kapadia, Amit Patel, Dinesh Kapadia, “simulation and design of low cost single phase solar invertor”, International Journal of Emerging Technology and Advanced Engineering Vol 2 (2012), pp. 158-163.
-  Sridhar Dandin, Dr. Ashwini Kumari, “Highly Efficient Pure Sine-Wave Inverter for Photovoltaic Applications with MPPT Technique”, International Journal of Engineering Research & Technology (IJERT), Vol.02 (2014), pp. 255-260.
-  Zeeshan Shahid, Sheroz Khan, AHM Zahirul Alam and Musse Muhamod Ahmed, “LM555 Timer-Based Inverter Low Power Pure Sinusoidal AC Output”, World Applied Sciences Journal 30 (Innovation Challenges in Multidisciplinary Research & Practice), (2014), pp. 141-143.
-  Sheu Akeem Lawal, Alade Olusope Michael, “Design, construction and performance evaluation of 1kVA pure sin wave inverter”, International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research, Vol 6 (2015), pp. 1288-1303.
-  Prof R. Kameswara Rao, P. Srinivas, M.V. Suresh Kumar, “Design and analysis of various inverters using different PWM techniques”, The International Journal of Engineering and Science (IJES), (2014), pp. 41-51.
-  Aye Myat Thu, Kyaw Soe Lwin, “Design and Implementation of Solar inverter for Pure Sine Wave Inverter”, The international journal of scientific engineering and technology research, Vol.03 (2014), pp. 1293-1297.
-  A. A. Mamun, M. F. Elahi, M. Quamruzzaman, M. U. Tomal, “Design and implementation of single phase inverter”, International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR), Vol 2 (2013), pp. 163-67.
-  Meraj Hasan, Junaid Maqsood, Mirza Qutab Baig, Syed Murtaza Ali Shah Bukhari, Salman Ahmed, “Design & Implementation of Single Phase Pure Sine Wave Inverter Using Multivibrator IC”, 17th International Conference on Modelling and Simulation, (2015), pp. 451-455.
-  Sudarshan P J, K.M. Chandrasekhar Swamy, Nagaraja P, “A Novel Transformer Less SPWM Inverter using DC-DC Boost Converter with Coupled Inductor for Standalone Applications”, Computation of Power, Energy Information and Communication (ICCPEIC), 2016 International Conference.
-  Himani Goyal, “Understanding of IC555 Timer and IC 555 Timer Tester”, International Journal of Inventive Engineering and Sciences (IJIES), Vol3 (2015), pp. 4-6.