Next generation network (NGN) is taking the focus of different service providers because the requirement for the bandwidth has increased and the service providers also wants to offer some other services for their users. Next generation network is not handling the voice and data differently but voice and data are congregated. So this congregation has raised some question on the Quality of service (QOS) in NGN. This paper is the result of survey about the QOS mechanisms in NGN. Different mechanisms have been studied and presented their comparison in this paper.
Abid Ahmad Darsamand,
MS Electrical Electronics and Communication Engineering at UET Peshawar,
Electrical Engineering from UET Peshawar,
Muhammad Farooq Abid Ahmad Irshad Ullah
-  Kaczmarek, Sylwester, Magdalena Kosek, and Maciej Sac. "Traffic Model of IMS/NGN Architecture with Transport Stratum Based on MPLS Technology." International Journal of Electronics and Telecommunications 59.2 (2015): 113-123.
-  Training Manual, “Next Generation Network (NGN)” PTCL Headquarters, G-8/4, Islamabad.
-  Schreiner, Florian. "Resource efficient quality of service management for NGN services in federated cloud environments." (2015).
-  Lam, Dao Ngoc. "Defining Quantiles for Estimating IP Packet Delay Variation in NGN Core Networks." REV Journal on Electronics and Communications 1.03 (2011).
-  Ban, Se Youn, Jun Kyun Choi, and Hyong-Soon Kim. "Efficient End-to-End QoS mechanism using egress node resource prediction in NGN network." Advanced Communication Technology, 2006. ICACT 2006. The 8th International Conference. Vol. 1. IEEE, 2006.
-  Choi, Hyung-Woo, et al. "Quality-of-service scheduler for next generation network services." Advanced Communication Technology, 2009. ICACT 2009. 11th International Conference on. Vol. 1. IEEE, 2009.
-  Mir, Umer Mushtaq, et al. "DiffServ-Aware Multi Protocol Label Switching Based Quality of Service in Next Generation Networks." Advance Computing Conference (IACC), 2014 IEEE International. IEEE, 2014.
-  Joung, Jinoo, et al. "A flow admission control in Next Generation Networks with flow aggregate information exchange." Telecommunication Systems (2013): 1-12.
-  ITU-T Recommendation Y.2171 Admission control priority levels in Next Generation Networks. International Telecommunication Union Standardization (ITU-T). Aug, 2006.
-  Sanmartin, Paul, and José Márquez. "Model of QoS on NGN: An analysis of performance." Electronics, Robotics and Automotive Mechanics Conference (CERMA), 2010. IEEE, 2010.
-  Sanmartin, Paul, and José Márquez. "Model of QoS on NGN: An analysis of performance." Electronics, Robotics and Automotive Mechanics Conference (CERMA), 2010. IEEE, 2010