In modern electrical power system, the reliability is considered to be an important factor in power system operation. The term reliability defines as the ability of power system to deliver an adequate supply of electrical energy to the consumers. Fault tree analysis and event tree analysis are the two methods used here for reliability analysis. To find the failure probability fault tree is used. To classify whether the system is safe or not event tree is used. The reliability of five 220kV National Transmission and Dispatch Company (NTDC) substations of Pakistan with respect to protection failures evaluates in this paper. The main method used in this study is Event Tree Analysis. Fault tree analysis helps to find the input for event tree.
- Adeel Khan: Research Scholar at University of Engineering and Technology, Peshawar, Pakistan. Email: email@example.com Cell: 0092-3347354535.
- Muhammad Iftikhar Khan: Associate Professor at University of Engineering and Technology, Peshawar, Pakistan. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Cell: 0092-333-9181101.
- Mubasher Hussain: Research Scholar at University of Engineering and Technology, Peshawar, Pakistan. Email: email@example.com Cell: 0092-3455606120.
Adeel Khan Muhammad Iftikhar Khan Mubasher Hussain
-  Roy Billinton, R.A., Reliability Evaluation of Power Systems. Second Edition, 1996, New York.
-  Adebayo, Kehinde Hussein, Adebayo, Adeyinka Victor “A Reliability Assessment of Power Transmission And Distribution Systems; Ibadan South-West Nigeria As a Case Study” Oasis Journal of Research and Development, Vol 1 No 2, pp1-14, June 2011.
-  Ying-Yi Hong, Lun-Hui Lee Heng-Hsing Cheng, Reliability Assessment of Protection System for Switchyard Using Fault- Tree Analysis, International Conference on Power System Technology, 2006 IEEE.
-  Dong, D. O.Koval, and J. E. Propst, “Reliability of various Industrial substations,” IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl., vol. 40, no. 4, pp. 989–994, Jul.2004.
-  M. Rausand and A. Hoyland, System Reliability Theory: Models, Statistical Methods, and Applications, 2nd ed. Hoboken, NJ: Wiley, 2004.
-  L. Haarla, U. Pulkkinen, M. Koskinen, and J. Jyrinsalo, “A method for analyzing the reliability of a transmission grid,” Reliability Engineering and System Safety, vol. 93, no. 2, pp. 277–287, Feb. 2008.
-  MEGBOWON, I.O. and Oyebisi, T. O. “A Reliability Assessment of the South-Western Transmission Lines of the Nigeria national Grid”, in International Journal of Engineering and Engineering Technology, FUTAJEET 4, (1)17 – 22, (2005).
-  F. Wang, “Reliability Evaluation of Substations Subject to Protection Failures,” M. Eng. thesis, Delft University of Technology, Delft, the Netherlands, July 2012.
-  Mohammad Sadegh Javadi, Azim Nobakht, Ali Meskarbashee, Fault Tree Analysis Approach in Reliability Assessment of Power System, International Journal of Multidisciplinary Sciences and Engineering, Vol. 2, No. 6, September 2011.
-  NTDC website. [Online]. Available: http: //www.ntdc.com.pk/Grid500. php