The future cellular networks intend to achieve even higher data rates and for this reason needs to be more robust against inter channel interference (ICI) and inter symbol interference (ISI). There are certain limitations that would not allow orthogonal frequency division multiplexing (OFDM) to work efficiently for future requirements of cellular networks, which includes machine-to-machine (M2M) communication and Internet-of-things (IoT). In this paper the multiple input multiple output (MIMO) system is implemented with universal filtered multicarrier (UFMC) to increase its efficiency in order to achieve even higher data rates with reduced bit error rate (BER). The research would aim to evaluate the performance of UFMC MIMO for different antenna configurations and digital modulation schemes.
- Waleed Shahjehan is Research Scholar in Department of Electrical Engineering, University of Engineering & Technology Peshawar, Pakistan.
- Dr. Mohammad Haseeb Zafar is Professor and Secretary, Board of Advanced Studies & Research in Department of Electrical Engineering, University of Engineering & Technology Peshawar, Pakistan. He is also Visiting Researcher, Department of Electronic and Electrical Engineering, University of Strathclyde, Glasgow, UK.
Waleed Shahjehan Mohammad Haseeb Zafar Irshad Hussain Kashif Ahmad Nasar Iqbal Farhan Altaf
-  Yujing He and KyungHi Chang “Candidate Technologies for 5G Low-latency Communications” Available at engpaper.com (5G IEEE paper 2016).
-  Meisam Khalil Arjmandi “5G Overview: Key Technologies” Available at engpaper.com (5G IEEE paper 2016).
-  Chao He and Richard D. Gitlin “System Performance of Cooperative Massive MIMO Downlink 5G Cellular Systems” IEEE WAMICON 2016, April 11-13-2016 Clearwater Beach, FL.
-  Sher Ali Cheema, Kristina Naskovska, Mohammad Houssein Attar, Bilal Zafar and Martin Haardt. “Performance Comparison of Space Time Block Codes for Different 5G Air Interface Protocols” WSA 2016, March 9-11-2016, Munich, Germany.
-  3GPP TS 36.201, “LTE Physical Layer – General Description,” Technical Specification Group Radio Access Network (Release 8), 2011.
-  X. Wang, T. Wild, and F. Schaich, “Filter optimization for carrier frequency- and timing offset in universal filtered multi-carrier systems,” in to be published in IEEE Veh. Technol. Conf. Spring (VTC’15 Spring), May 2015.
-  Iqbal, Mahwish, and Aamir Habib. "Performance Analysis of Single User MIMO-Universal Filtered Multi-Carrier (UFMC)."
-  Del Fiorentino, Paolo, et al. "Resource Allocation in Short Packets BIC-UFMC Transmission for Internet of Things." Globecom Workshops (GC Wkshps), 2016 IEEE. IEEE, 2016.
-  Debels, Erica, et al. "Adaptive modulation and coding for BIC-UFMC and BIC-OFDM systems taking CFO into account." Communications and Vehicular Technologies (SCVT), 2016 Symposium on. IEEE, 2016.
-  Schaich, Frank, and Thorsten Wild. "Relaxed synchronization support of universal filtered multi-carrier including autonomous timing advance." Wireless Communications Systems (ISWCS), 2014 11th International Symposium on. IEEE, 2014.
-  Del Fiorentino, Paolo, et al. "A robust resource allocation algorithm for packet BIC-UFMC 5G wireless communications." Signal Processing Conference (EUSIPCO), 2016 24th European. IEEE, 2016.